Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Getting To Know My Half-Sisters

The author of this guest post is Jim Nagle

I recently found out that I have three half-sisters. This was amazing news that I learned while digging around on my hughes wireless internet. What made it even more amazing was that they’re still in junior high school. I’m already in my mid 30s, so this was unexpected. The bad news is that they live several hundred miles away. I still haven’t met them. I would like to try to do so, but my wife is actually trying to block that event. She feels as though I’m paying more attention to my biological family than my real family. This might be the case for the time being, but it’s temporary and simply relates to just finding out about them. I think this is a normal reaction, and it’s one that she has to learn to understand and accept.

Getting back to my half-sisters, I would really like to get to know them. I have always been a younger brother and have never had an opportunity to be an older brother. I think it’s pretty neat and I would like to guide them any way I can – when they want the guidance. I have three half-sisters, but I have connected with one of them more than the others. I guess it’s because we have similar interests. We write to each other every day via hughes net satellite internet, and I’m always looking forward to her messages. My ultimate goal is to get to meet her and my other half-sisters. I just hope they’re not disappointed in me.

No comments: