Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Catching Colds

A fellow at church said Sunday that he had a cold and didn't want to get too close to us. However, I guess he did get too close because I got a raspy throat yesterday and didn't feel very well today. Now my husband says he is feeling kind of bad too.

So I went to the store and got some ZICAM tablets. They are supposed to nip a cold in the bud. They are quick dissolve and supposed to taste good and they do at first. But then by the time you get to the end of them, they taste just awful. And you are not supposed to drink anything (which is exactly what you want to do) for 15 minutes. If you still have symptoms of a cold, you can take one every three hours until you feel better or 3 times, I guess.

Anyway, I sure hope we feel better because I don't know that I want to take another one of those. You can't chew or swallow them whole either. You just have to let them "quick" dissolve in your mouth. I don't know what their idea of "quick" is but it is different from my idea of it. I think it took all of 10 minutes to dissolve completely.

No comments: