Saturday, March 17, 2012

Loyalty Does Pay Off

Contribution by Stevie Kirby

Last month the company where I have worked for the past ten years announced they were moving their headquarters out of state. I was so disappointed and worried. I love my joband the company I work for. The idea of having to find a new job in this economy was overwhelming! Fortunately, a week ago my boss called me into his office to discuss my future plans. It seemed the company valued my work and loyalty enough to give me an opportunity to work from home provided I had a Chicago T1 line for internet access. Relieved, I let them know we already had one at our house for my husband’s business! While I will miss my co-workers and going in to an office, I’m excited to be able to work from home and keep my current position! Whoever says being a loyal employee won’t get you anywhere has never put in the time because for me it’s definitely paying off. I’m so excited about my new opportunity that I’m going shopping to outfit my new home office this weekend.

No comments: