Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tackling the First School Supply List

Guest post written by my buddy Lavern Small

My daughter was about to enter Kindergarten, and this would be my first year of buying school supplies. I received the list of necessary items from the school, and it was just as extensive as all the stories I had heard from other friends. I had to laugh at all the required items one needed for Kindergarten now, but on the other hand I knew budgets were always stretched thin and in the end, this was a way to help the school. I made notes on my list so I would not forget any of the specifics, and got ready to load up on markers, crayons, tissues, erasers, notebooks, folders and so on. I knew taking my daughter would make the process twice as difficult, so I left her with the neighbor to play. I set the adt canadaalarm system alarm prior to leaving the house and headed to the closest Wal-Mart. I had hoped to get everything from one store, but the list was quite specific on certain items and I determined there would need to be a trip to Target as well. I felt organized for my trip, though as soon as I got home I realized I had missed a few items. I knew each year I would get a bit more efficient at this process.

No comments: