Thursday, August 5, 2010

Academy awards are the best

This guest post from Hong Alexander

I love it when March comes around and it is time to watch another awards show on my and satellite tv deals channels. This is not an ordinary award show, this is the Academy Awards. This is the night that all the glitz and glitter comes out.

I love movies. I love to see if the critics agree with my choices for best film. We always disagree. I would love it if the viewers were allowed to vote for their favorite films, actress, actor, and so on. I do, however, give the movies that are nominated a chance and watch them. Sometimes I am surprised by how good one of the nominated movies is.

I loved it when Billy Crystal hosted the show. He always had me in stitches. He knew how to work the crowd, and he always started the show with a song and dance routine. I have not found one host since Billy Crystal that can live up to him.

I also love watching the Academy Awards because they show previews of all the movie nominees. They also show previews of the movies that the nominated actors and actresses are in. There is always a song and dance routine, and the show has singers singing the nominated songs.

Watching the Academy Awards is a good way to spend a Sunday evening when there is not much else to do.

No comments: