Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Heidi, My Very Own Dachshund

Guest post by Melissa Macon.

The day came when I decided I wanted to buy my puppy. I searched the different pet stores, read the ads in the local newspaper, and talked with friends who might know of a puppy available. Finally, I decided to go online using my satellite wireless internet . I had pretty much decided that I wanted a weiny dog. That is the breed of dog I remember my family had during my growing years.

I located a number of breeders online. I had many questions as I was curious how the puppy is sent from one part of the country to another. This question helped me to decide I wanted an area where I could drive to in order to pick up the new member of my family.

It was fun, yet difficult, looking over the dozens and dozens of pictures. It seemed like it was going to be impossible for me to make a final choice. Fortunately, I discovered a picture of this beautiful little female dachshund. I immediately fell in love with her big, bold eyes and the sad little look on her face. I decided not to waste any time by emailing back and forth. I called the breeder. Heidi (I had already selected the name) was still available. Since it was the weekend I decided to make arrangements to pick up my new puppy right then and there.

Heidi has been with me for several years. It was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life to buy my puppy.

No comments: