Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Chills and Fever

Boy was I sick yesterday. The night before I had such chills, I just shook the bed. No matter how much I pulled up the covers, I could not stop shaking. I finally got out of bed and put on my heavy winter fluffy robe and slippers and got back into bed. It took awhile but I finally warmed up and quick shaking. Then when I got up I was warm. My temperature was about 3 degrees above what is normal for me. I just burned up all day with a few chills at noon and then more fever. It got to 100.5 and didn't know what to do. Kept drinking water as they say that will bring down a fever. Anyway, I took 2 coated aspirin and by the time I went to bed I was warm but felt almost normal. Slept pretty good and about 3 am took 2 tylenol. Then when I woke up I was soaking wet with sweat and knew the fever had broken. My husband and I talked about it and he had this about 2 weeks ago. When the weather was 90, he wanted the a/c off and bundled him up in a heavy throw blanket and heat pad. Must be a 24 hour virus like our old doctor used to say. Glad it is over.

No comments: