Saturday, June 28, 2008

Trains

It seems everywhere we have moved, we have been close to a train. They go through quite often and really blow those whistles. They say your brain becomes accustomed to hearing them at night and sort of shuts that off and after while you don't hear them when you are asleep. That is very true. They also say people who live near trains, move quite often. I think that could be true too as we have moved at least 23 times in our lifetimes and always had a train nearby somewhere. A train just went through and it is quite close and must have had a very heavy load because even my computer shook. I just never want to be near one when it derails. One derailed several miles east of us and spilled harvested beans and that was the worst smell along that highway for a long time as they rotted in the ditches. They tried to cover them with something that did help some but not entirely. I'm glad I didn't live close to that.

No comments: