Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mars Lander Finds Salty Environment

Did you know the Phoenix Lander found a salty environment on Mars? It's first taste of the soil near Mars' north pole reveals a briny environment similar to what can be found in backyards on earth. Anyway that is what the scientists say.

I heard last week they found ice. We can't handle Earth, what do we want with another planet full of people who can't take care of it. Besides it is so cold there it would freeze anything. I'm sure a lot of you would agree with them about putting people there, (I can think of a few) but I think they are nuts.

They think it seems very friendly. I would suggest that they go there first and try it out and come back and tell us all about living there for awhile.

So far the Phoenix hasn't found any organic carbon considered an essential building block of life - DUH! I am shocked. Scientists generally agree that liquid water, which is a stable energy source and organic, or carbon containing, compounds are required for a habitable zone. YA THINK?

No comments: