Monday, December 10, 2007

Crockpot Cooking

Have a wonderful roast going in the crockpot today. First I salt it with onion salt and garlic salt all over. Then I brown it on all sides to seal in the juices. I put about 2 1/2 cups of water in the crockpot and put both salts in it to taste, stirring well. Add the roast on low about 9 am. Then at noon I turn it on high and about 2 pm I add carrots and one or two large onions. About 4 pm, I add potatoes and by 5 pm it is ready. Take out the roast and slice it thin with electric knife. Dish up the carrots, onions and potatoes and pour the juice into a large sauce pan. Thicken it to your liking with flour disolved in water and you have a feast fit for a king. Add some fruit, pickles and whatever to the table and you are all set with very little work. The leftovers make wonderful roast beef sandwiches if you have any left over.

No comments: