Monday, April 30, 2012
We had a rhubarb scare awhile ago. They said if it froze, the poison from the poisonous leaves would go right down the stems and you didn't dare eat it or die. Then we found out if you cut it all down and let it grow back up it would be ok. Or a few smart people really covered their rhubarb well and it was fine. We had some very hard frosts which did poison a lot of rhubarb. My daughter brought me some last week and I made a delicious cake this morning out of it. Sure glad it is ok now.