Friday, November 12, 2010

Businesses Accepting Credit Cards

I worked for a smaller business a couple of years ago. That is when I learned the high cost of accepting credit cards cards. They finally had to drop one credit card completely because it was twice as high to process it as the rest of the cards. I did not realize that the owners of the business had to pay high fees just to be able to let their customers use their credit cards to pay their bills. In checking out the Internet I found that they could have used this company for their card processing. It would have cost much less to process the cards and they could get the equipment they needed from them. Because this company I worked for was a small company, the cost of processing credit cards was eating up their profit, even though it made doing business so much easier. I wish they had know about this at the time because they are now out of business.

No comments: