Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Investor Pays $2.1 Million to eat with Warren Buffett

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read about this. Can you imagine paying $2.1 million to eat with anyone? Not me. I would love to have the $2.1 million. I could do a lot of good things for a lot of good people. But that is what a Chinese investment fund manager did. He won the chance to have lunch with billionaire Warren Buffett by bidding $2.1 million in the most expensive charity auction ever held on eBay. The Auction ended Friday night and a spokeswoman for the foundation that receives all the proceeds from the auction, identified the winner Saturday. Zhao Danyang of the Hong Kong-based Pureheart China Growth Investment Fund and up to seven friends will dine with Buffett at the Smith & Wollensky steakhouse in New York City.

No comments: