Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Decided it Was Important

Content by Mac Kline

When I decided it was really important to start saving money I took a look at our utilities first. I think it's really crucial to cut in the big places before you start doing little things like using coupons and selling clothes on eBay. For example, I went to http://www.satellitetv-hq.com at the suggestion of a friend and found I could get all the same channels I wanted for much cheaper which saved us a couple hundred bucks over the course of the year. I also got my car on craigslist as I am going to trade for something with better gas mileagein the long run. I think the reason we have is saving so much recently is that the kids are getting older and we're starting to think about college and how little we have put away. The last thing I want is for them to get into the school of their dreams and for me to tell them we just can't afford it.

No comments: