Sunday, February 28, 2010

Great Deals on Eyeglasses

I have been having a bit of trouble with my reading lately. It seemed like I had to blink a lot in order to read the print better. It was about time for my annual eye checkup so when I went the doctor told me I would need cataract surgery to correct my problem. After the surgery was completed and I had my checkup he told me I would need to have new eye wear. There is an optical company attached to the doctors offices, so I took my prescription over to them and asked them what it would cost to get new lenses and frames. I was shocked at what she told me and I knew right then that I could not afford their lenses and eyeglass frames. My budget just would not handle it as I am retired and live on a limited income. I knew that the best thing I could do was to go home and get on the computer and check out the Internet for eyeglasses. I needed to find some that I could afford and that was all there was to it. I had to have the glasses. There was no doubt about that but I just could not afford the optical company's glasses. I found on the Internet that I could get the bifocals I need for as little as $25 and my husband has the photochromic and I had been considering getting those too. Happily, I found that I could get those for just a few dollars more. I am so happy with my new glasses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Recently, I lost my fashion prescription eyeglasses and I was just about to order some from my optometrists when I came across GlassesShop. It just cost me less than $39 (including shipping). I like their large online selection and the website is very easy to navigate and it is also very well-organized.