Monday, March 17, 2008

Stocks Retreat On Credit Fears

Wall Street plunged again Friday after a near meltdown at Bear Stearns Cos. handed investors the unwelcome confirmation that the credit market's troubles are far from over. I wasn't too surprised to hear that, were you? Word that the investment bank needed rescuing touched off a wave of selling that left each of the major indexes down more than 1.5 percent on the day. The Dow Jones industrial average fell nearly 200 points. It seems to me that everything I have been hearing on the news lately is that everyone wants the government to bail out the banks, people losing their homes, etc. Have they forgotten that the government is the hard working taxpayers? I think they have, and the "government" has become an entity in itself, almost a living being. But then, actually it is - millions of taxpayers paying into it or the "government" wouldn't have a dime to do anything with. I think they need to be much more accountable as to where and which directions they are throwing our money. How about you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.